Submitting a 2017 application
1.) Please download and read thoroughly the attached document with the Foundation's new 2017 Grantmaking Priorities.
2.) Email or call the Foundation Administrator (email@example.com or 860-681-7599) to discuss your proposed application and to receive permission to submit an application.
3.) An application submitted without prior approval will not be reviewed.
Mission: The James H. Napier Foundation is committed to helping non-profit organizations meet the existing and emerging needs of children, youth and families living in Meriden and Wallingford, CT.
Vision: The James H. Napier Foundation is committed to:
• Making a meaningful difference in the lives of children, families, individuals, and neighborhoods in Meriden and Wallingford.
• Providing leadership for the well-being of children and youth.
• Assisting children and families overcome poverty and systemic disadvantage.
• Maintaining an active, engaged Board of Trustees with members whose values align with the Foundation's mission and priorities.
• Being a collaborative partner with other funders and non-profit organizations that support the Meriden and Wallingford communities.
1.) Provide support to healthy and viable organizations that:
• Demonstrate strong and effective leadership and management.
• Operate according to a strategic plan with clarity, identifying sustainability and future goals.
• Do not duplicate existing services but collaborate with other organizations, when and where appropriate.
• Can demonstrate that the grant funding will have an immediate impact and also have a longer-term benefit to the organization and its beneficiaries.
• Can demonstrate that the grant funding (if designed to fill a gap created by state budget cuts) will make a significant difference for the organization, its beneficiaries and its promotion of long-term organizational sustainability.
2.) Increase emphasis on prevention:
• Support programs that invest early, address root causes, and help to prevent problems from occurring or becoming more pronounced and costly to address in the future.
|2017 Grantmaking Priorities|
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed,
it's the only thing that ever has."
35 Pleasant Street, Suite 1E Meriden, CT 06450 firstname.lastname@example.org